Take a cue from the best!
Event industry experts reveal their industry sources, and offer advice to corporate event industry newcomers.
Sean R. Schuette, CMP of IntrinXec Management, Inc.
Sean R. Schuette works for IntrinXec Management, Inc., and has more than 14 years of experience in planning trade shows, conferences and events, some with attendance as high as 15,000 people. His book, The Journey to Now, was published in March 2013.
Here are my industry must-reads …
- Creating Magic | by Lee Cockerell
… great insight from a former executive at Disney and the lessons learned from his time there
- Drive | by Daniel H. Pink
… helps to see what really motivates us
- Now, Discover Your Strengths | by Marcus Buckingham & Donald O. Clifton
… excellent read that will take you on a road of self discovery
These industry Web sites keep me returning for more!
- Convene Magazine
Convene is one of the best industry magazines out there – always a diverse array of content
- Spinplanners Senior Planners Industry Network
… for those with 10+ years in the industry – a great community to be part of
- Disney Parks Blog
… always a lot of creative ideas to read about and be inspired by
Tips for those looking to excel in the events and meetings industry …
There is more inside of you than you think. Trust your instincts and heart as they will often guide you in the right direction
Essential skills and characteristics for aspiring corporate event industry professionals:
- Integrity – your word is your bond to your clients, both internally and externally
- Responsibility – you will always have a lot of balls to juggle and being able to have ownership for all of them takes skill
- Humor – if you can’t laugh at yourself in this business, it will get too hard at times